Primary area of expertise: Pain Medicine
Expert consulting experience:
• Authored over 50 expert case reports
• Participated in over 25 depositions
• Testimony experience in civil trials and professional hearings
• Provides litigation support and expert testimony in plaintiff and defense cases
• Over 25 years of experience in Pain Medicine
• Triple Board Certified
• Practice Director of University Multi-Disciplinary Pain Management Practices from 1998 to 2017
• Program Director of a Multi-Disciplinary Pain Management Fellowship Training Programs from 1998 to 2015
• Professor of Anesthesiology, Palliative Care, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at University of Rochester School of Medicine
• Lectures extensively and published
Dr. Kent is an expert in all realms of Pain Medicine and has focused expertise in the prescribing and oversight of opioid analgesics. His specialties include acute and chronic pain management, opioid analgesics, interventional pain management therapies, spinal cord stimulation, intrathecal drug delivery, RSD/CRPS and low back pain.
Dr. Kent has provided expert case reviews and testimony for over twenty years. The majority of his expert work has focused on the standard of care in the practice of Pain Medicine and the use of opioid analgesics. Dr. Kent has provided expert case opinions in Federal, State and Civil courts. He has provided defense support to the US Department of Justice in two cases. He has served as an expert witness and case reviewer for the states of both Maryland and New York State. Dr. Kent assisted the District Attorney of New Jersey in prosecuting a case of unlawful prescribing of controlled substances. He has provided expert case review and litigation support to health insurance carriers seeking restitution for fraudulent expenses related to opioid therapy.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Kent has developed particular expertise surrounding the use of opioid analgesics. He has provided over 50 lectures to other physicians regarding the safe and proper use of these medications. He has been recognized as an expert in both Federal and State Court in cases related to opioid therapy. He has served on advisory boards helping craft regulatory policies related to opioid medication. All these accomplishments attest to Dr. Kent’s high level of expertise in the complex and evolving realm of opioid therapy.